The Power I Felt When I Told Someone "NO"
I couldn't imagine I haven't used the word "NO" to reject people's offers. Because I am the kind of person who never wants to offend people with my words. Not that I am a man-pleaser but I have always been cautious of how I turn down people's offers.
I have dismissed a great deal of offers that will upset my arrangement/nature in Christ, my profession, and different parts of life. However, I have consistently figured out how to say it politely.
The word "NO" is not negative but due to differences in knowledge and individual ways of viewing things, I always choose to be careful of how I turn people down even when it is the worst ever offer in my entire world.
In my early days on campus, in my 100-level days, I met a guy with whom I shared some little bonds (though not unreasonably close). After some months on campus, this guy told me that I am a strong guy and he would want me to be part of their cult group since I am agile. At first, I didn't even know what to say because I was like "What sort of mess is this? but I just laughed within myself knowing that even though I turned the offer down I am secured. So I looked into the guy's face and told him "Each man in life has their Selection of things which they find themselves mixed up with be it positive or negative and no man can compel anybody to do anything except such an individual is interested or if such is subject to fear. "
Then I let him know I can't do things that are against the sort of individual I am because ethically I realize what is correct and I do it. In particular, I am a saved man and I understand being saved so I'm not at all fit for this".
I asked what he would offer assuming that I chose to be part of their secret group. "Assurance of security". He said. I laughed, and I told him I already have Eternal security in Christ, and not only that, but I also gave it to men by the Spirit. Then he was shocked because of my response.
If I had Said "NO" emphatically and worked out of his presence there is a tendency that he would think I would reveal him to people. By then I could be in danger since he is a man walking in darkness and his deeds are evil. And this was how I overcame his wiles that very day.
NO”. – it’s a small word that packs a lot of power. It carries with it an invisible force that can make it feel overly oppressive, or even like a dirty word. We’re often taught that saying “NO” is a negative word, that it hurts those around us and causes us to miss out on new, exciting opportunities. It’s no wonder so many people are uncomfortable saying it.
But the truth is, when you say “NO,” you’re not saying “I hate you,” and you’re not insulting someone, you’re simply exercising your right to say “NO.” Because it is a right, not a privilege.
However, in some cases, you should learn to understand the kind of people you deal with and you will be free from their terror. For instance: " I chose not to", "Not at this time", "That will not work for me", These all are different ways to say "NO". All of this way of expression doesn't feel quite harsh.
Practice turning down things that will not benefit your life for good and get more comfortable in your right to say "NO". Remember, it is your right to decide how you spend your time and what you do with your life.
#WritingChallenge2023
#TacsfontTasued
Christocentric Pen ✒️
Comments
Post a Comment